Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was at my house this year, and what a great time we had. I am blessed with a Christian family. The discussion is encouraging and challenging. My mom, who brought along a number of projects, challenged me to finish what I have started. My brother, Matt, keeps me thinking about deep spiritual truths. My dad models trust in God in spite of the changes in his life and the daily stress of ministry. My sister, Abby, has relied on God to provide for numerous financial needs in the past year.

This Thanksgiving, I am most thankful for what God has taught me in the last year about suffering. I've always been so afraid of suffering. I pray that I will learn to value and run headlong into suffering for the cause of Christ and the glory of God. My favorite quote of recent weeks is from John Piper:

"When God calls us to suffer, He is not calling us away from joy but into joy."

No comments:

Post a Comment