Thursday, August 30, 2007

Idols of Our Heart

In order to be happy I do not need:

...to spend Christmas with my family
...to be able to see my family at all
...a week of vacation
...a finished basement
...kids with outfits that actually go together or are even clean
...dishes to be done before I go to bed
...to get rid of my ants
...to go to bed by a certain time
...to be out of debt
...happy kids or a happy husband
...to dress in style
...8 hours of sleep
...a closet with clothes that fit
...a clean kitchen floor or any floor for that matter
...to feel educated or even using my education
...well behaved kids in church or in the store
...all my bills paid
...my kids in bed by nine
...a house that matches up to the neighbors
...my son potty trained
...to sleep through the night
...to be able to buy what I think I need
...to get rid of the janitor job
...no weeds and lots of trees
...to have obedient kids
...to live with no money restraints
...to have a car that is not breaking
...to accomplish anything "worthwhile" today
...to have a day off
...a variety of food for the table
...to know what will happen tomorrow or next week
...to have people like me
...to have people appreciate what I do
So God take away these Idols that we have set up and give us contentment and thankfulness for all that we do have and for who you are. Help me to see the big picture of what you want for me and how I can fulfill that goal using the time you have given me today.

No comments:

Post a Comment