Wednesday, August 29, 2007

To Mama and Papa

The only way possible for us to know about ministry starting at home is because of our parents. I want to thank mama and papa for the example they set in our home growing up. For the many hours spent preparing for a missionary that was coming and for the numbers of people they have allowed to live with them for a period of time. For the example of joy and for the stick-to-it-ness in ministry. They did many things behind closed doors that no one knew about, but God did. And they probably didn't think we would pay any attention. And for the most part we probably didn't. I have a bad memory of details, but what does stick out is that my house is not mine, it is God's and that everything I own belongs to him. So praise God for great parents and praise God for giving us the ability to use our homes - and our backyards for him as they did and continue to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment