This past weekend, I attended a conference in Schaumburg, Illinois, that was unlike any other I have ever attended. The True Woman conference, sponsored by Revive our Hearts (the radio program of Nancy Leigh DeMoss) and other similar ministries, was not a "fluffy" women's conference. We enjoyed solid, doctrinal teaching on biblical womanhood. Some of the other things that set this conference apart were the exceptional music (led by Keith and Kristyn Getty) and heavy emphases on prayer, repentance, surrender and humility. Part of the purpose of the conference was to show how feminism has infiltrated the church and our own individual lives. I especially enjoyed Mary Kassian's message on the history and rise of feminism in our culture. I'll mention, lastly, that the conference was also BIG; there were over 6000 women there and thousands of others who watched it via live streaming. (The venue could not hold any more than 6000, so registration was ended back in August.) We sat for hours at a time in the same place because there simply was not room to let everyone go take a break at the same time! It was very encouraging to see that many women who value marriage and mothering and male leadership in the church. You can listen to the messages online here. Some of the speakers included Joni Eareckson Tada, John Piper, Nancy Leigh DeMoss, Mary Kassian, Janet Parshall, and Karen Loritts.
Oh, and the best part was that I got to go with my mom!
No comments:
Post a Comment