Wednesday, June 10, 2009

In Loving Memory


My good friend, my dryer, died on Sunday. It served me well. We bought this dryer (which is over 20 years old) 8 years ago for $50. You can't beat that for value. It looks like we have found a replacement on craigslist that we will pick up this weekend. I look forward to spending much time together with my "new" dryer and pray that it will be just as loyal.

On a side note, I love how Elizabeth George, in her book A Woman After God's Own Heart, compares our modern-day appliances to the "maid-servants" of the Proverbs 31 woman. I sometimes think of that in the mornings. "Got to get all of my servants working for me"--dishwasher, sprinkler, washer and dryer, dehumidifier, baby swing, etc.!

She rises while it is yet night and provides food for her household and portions for her maidens.
Proverbs 31:15 (ESV)

1 comment:

  1. I definitely think of my dishwasher as my maid, don't want to live without her!

    ReplyDelete