Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Bad" Days

In human terms, I have every right to say that last week was a very "bad" week. Last weekend, a 53 year old woman in our church died of cancer. We planned the funeral and luncheon all last week; it finally took place on Friday. On Tuesday Will and Zeke came down with fevers. Will's turned out to be strep throat. He felt poorly for several days. Zeke was cutting a tooth and slept very little for about five nights in a row. We were supposed to go to Minnesota for an overnight to celebrate Will's parents' 35th anniversary. We left immediately following the funeral luncheon. After fifteen minutes in the car, Ella started screaming and continued to scream for the next two hours. We found out that she had double ear infections. After so many sleepless nights, I finally got sick and felt terrible all day Sunday. At the end of it all, the house is a mess and there are no groceries.

A study on the word "day" has encouraged me this week. There are no "bad" days with God. Every day is a gift, filled with purpose. "
This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24) I'm learning to be more careful how I talk about my days. It seems that every night when my husband gets home, I'm tempted to tell him what a terrible day it has been (I admit, I'm overly dramatic). After a while, it is draining on him, on me and on the children to have every day be a "bad" day. In fact, every day should be a rejoicing day. To describe my days as "bad" shows that I am not obeying God. I am not rejoicing in what He is teaching me. I am not using my days in the ways He commands and being thankful for each moment of life that He gives. "Sing to the Lord, bless his name; tell of his salvation from day to day" (Psalm 96:2)

Hope you have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment