Wednesday, September 5, 2007

We Can Praise Him

As I was standing by my dryer today looking at three stained shirts, that I once again let sit too long on the floor downstairs, I thought again of how needy we are. Only when we are totally insignificant and inadequate is when we begin to call on God. But the good news is we can call on God. When we are messing up, we can still praise Him. David writes in Psalms 43:5 "Why are you in despair, O my soul?And why are you disturbed within me? Hope in God, for I shall again praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God."

A verse in Lamentations stuck out to me this week.

"I well remember them (my affliction), and my soul is downcast within me. Yet this I call to mind and therefore I have hope: Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness. I say to myself, "The LORD is my portion; therefore I will wait for him." The LORD is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the LORD.

Thank you God making me smaller so you can be bigger. Thank you for allowing me to mess up. When I try my hardest, I will fail. But God will never fail me.

No comments:

Post a Comment