Psalm 34:10 The young lions lack and suffer hunger; But those who seek the LORD shall not lack any good thing.
Ps 14:2-32 No good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.
Ps 84:11 For the LORD God is a sun and shield; The LORD will give grace and glory; No good thing will He withhold From those who walk uprightly.
Sometimes what we think is good and what God thinks is good are two different things. We often heard from our parents, "Because it is good for you." It is the reason we do certain things. But how do we as humans know anything about what good is?
Psalm 14:2-3 says, “The LORD looks down from heaven upon the children of men, to see if there are any who understand, who seek God. They have all turned aside, they have together become corrupt; There is none who does good, No, not one.”
We know the Lord is good…
Ps 25:8-118 Good and upright is the LORD; Therefore He teaches sinners in the
way. The humble He guides in justice, And the humble He teaches His way. All the
paths of the LORD are mercy and truth, To such as keep His covenant and His
testimonies. For Your name's sake, O LORD, Pardon my iniquity, for it is great."
But we often make bad decisions thinking they are good because of our evil heart. Saul was told to destroy the Amalekites, but disobeyed God and chose to save what he thought was good.
1 Sam 15:9 But Saul and the people spared Agag and the best of the sheep, the
oxen, the fatlings, the lambs, and all that was good, and were unwilling to
utterly destroy them. But everything despised and worthless, that they
utterlydestroyed.
But God makes decisions that he says are good and we think are evil. In refererence to Joseph, his situation was meant for good although terrible.
Gen 50:20 "...but God meant it for good, in order to bring it about as it is
this day, to save many people alive"
How about this verse?
Paul was willing to do good. The question is - is that good that I am willing to do, actually good. Or am I willing to do something bad. Sometimes I think we try to do something good in our own strength, not relying on God and therefore turn it into something bad. If I do anything without God's help for my own glory it is bad, not good.Rom 7:19-22 For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not
to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who
do it, but sin that dwells in me. I find then a law, that evil is present with
me, the one who wills to do good.
Can we trust God to do good?
Matt 7:11-121 If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your
children, how much more will your Father who is in heaven give good things
to those who ask Him!
How do we determine what is good?
Rom 12:1-2 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the
renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable
and perfect will of God.
So praise be to God who continues to work in us even though we sometimes get good messed up.
Phil 2:12-14 13 for it is God who works in you both to will and to do for His
good pleasure.
No comments:
Post a Comment